About - “Loved by the public – ennobled with the band – celebrated as Champion” – The 2014′ Oldenburg Champion Stallion and dressage winner at his stallion performance test in 2015 and 2016′ main premium winner. Morricone unites an optimum in noblesse and type, striking quality of movements as well as brilliant rideability and strength of character in incomparable kind.
“Our Champion Stallion is hard to beat in view of his elegance, type and manner. With his royal appearance and his outstanding movements, always keeping his perfect self-carriage, this noble black stallion, from the breeding of Heinrich Vahle in Friesoythe, inspired the audience and the committee”, so commented the Oldenburg Breeding Manager Dr. Schulze Schleppinghoff. Since then, Morricone has been attracting attention at every presentation.
Performance - In his stallion performance test he won superiorly the dressage part with a score of 9.33 and received the maximum score 10.0 for rideability and walk four times. All basic gaits as well as constitution, character, temperament and willingness to perform were praised with scores of 9.5 and 9.0. As highlight of the year 2016 the Oldenburg Verband proclaimed Morricone celebrated main premium winner due to his outstanding power of heredity combined with his first-class performance record. In 2017 Morricone gave prove of his extraordinary quality by winning dominantly the qualifier for the Bundeschampionat. In 2018 at the age of only six, he shone at all his dressage competitions up to medium (M**) level.
Progeny - Morricone’s offspring exceeded all expectations. Morricone's first crop of foals are all copies of their sire; compact, beautiful models with perfect conformation and friendly, inquisitive temperaments. Several of them were invited to the Elite Foal Auctions and they are much sought after. They stand out with their beautiful and noble type like they were all of a piece. Many champion foals as well as numerous price-highlights feature prominently well-known elite foal auctions and foal championships worldwide. From his first crop six licensed sons, including two premium stallions in Oldenburg and Hannover, made up a brilliant breeding record for Morricone. Remarkable is the excellent character of his offspring, which present themselves as very drawn to people, with strong nerves and easy to handle.
Sire - Millennium stood second reserve at his performance test in the autumn of 2010, and sold for the top price of €320,000 in the ensuing auction. At his 30-day test in Moritzburg in 2011, Millennium proved to be a dressage talent of the best kind, finishing with the second highest score of all participants in dressage. In 2013, he finished his 70-day test in Neustadt-Dosse, where he was in the lead with 8.66, the highest score of a dressage stallion in a group of 37 participants. He also received several scores of 9.0 and higher. Furthermore, Millennium had a first-class debut in sport; in 2012 he won several young horse classes and became Trakehner Vice Champion in Hanover. Meanwhile, he has won several young horse classes at medium level and is now training at advanced level with Kristina Bröring-Sprehe.
Damline - The dam’s sire Rubin Royal OLD is Main Premium Winner in Oldenburg and international serial Grand Prix winner under Hendrik Lochthowe. Rubin Royale was champion of his licensing, and then won the Hauptprämie, awarded for the best first crop of foals, and was VTV Dressage Stallion of the Year. He is ranked fourth on the WBFSH Sire Rankings for 2016, up from eighth in 2015. He competed at international grand prix, winning the Kür at La Mandria and placing at Aachen, Dortmund and Stuttgart, among others. The grandsire is none other than De Niro. It would go beyond the scope to honor his breeding record in detail. In fourth generation the Grand Prix winner Rubinstein manifests the pedigree as founder of the modern R-line. This line is also known for the performance-sires Admiral I as well as Thoroughbred Guter Gast xx.
- 2nd place in the qualifier of NÜRNBERGER BURG-POKAL, 75,042 %, Verden
- victorious in S*-dressage (advanced level), 71,5 %, Berlin-Brandenburg indoor championships, Tremsdorf
- Morricone made an extraordinary debut in advanced (S*) class, finishing with a result of 72 percent in a group of strong competitors in the Yougster Tour of the K+K Cup in Münster! Morricone took fourth place, finishing as best seven-year old horse. In the final of the Youngster Tour he confirmed his extraordinary performance again with a result of 71 percent, placing seventh.
- presented three licensed sons, including a premium stallion, at the Oldenburg licensing in Vechta
- presented a premium stallion as well as a further licensed son at the Mecklenburg licensing in Redefin
- presented his first premium stallion at the Hanoverian licensing in Verden, where he was sold for 110,000 Euro
- nultiple winner of medium (M* and M**) level dressage classes
- presented the Bundeschampion Foal in Austria
- winner of a qualifier for the Bundeschampionat of five-year old dressage horses
- several price-highlights at different elite foal auctions in Germany and abroad
- Oldenburg main premium winner
- several Foals at Elite Auctions of all established Auctions
- Striking dressage winner at his 30-day test in Adelheidsdorf, final score of 9.33, four times the maximum score 10.0 (twice for walk and twice for rideability). The scores 9.5 und 9.0 were given nine times - for trot, canter, constitution, character, temperament and willingness to perform.
- Champion Stallion at the Oldenburg Stallion Days
- Additional Information
Chilled/Frozen Chilled only Stud Gestuet Bonhomme WFFS status Clear (N/N) Studbook Oldenburg Approved for AES, Hanoverian, Oldenburg, Rheinland, Westfalen Year of Birth 2012 Colour Black Height 169 cm